Located at 419 Johnson Park Drive (click street address for google map directions), the 271.19 acre park has natural areas, wetlands, three lakes, elevated boardwalk (.70 miles), and outdoor classroom. The park has a 9-field baseball/softball complex, 2 synthetic turf multipurpose fields, restroom, concessions and press box facilities, a gazebo, Ryan's Place Playground, 2 water spray parks, and 3.15 miles of trails connecting with the Collierville Greenbelt System.
W. C. Johnson Park closes at 11 p.m., 7 days a week.
Water Spray Park
The water spray park has 12 "stations" in a total area slightly larger than the size of a basketball court. There are two "touchstone" poles that activate the spray stations, which resemble elephants, rainbows and other items. The water sprays for a set amount of time until the poles are touched again. An overall park timing system shuts the water off at night.
Saturday, July 4 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Sunday, July 5 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Water Spray Park Rules & Regulations:
- The Town of Collierville reserves the right to close the spray park and immediate area due to maintenance requirements, health and safety reasons, inclement weather, or scheduled special events.
- Effective April, 26, 2010, a Non-Resident group fee (ie. camp, church, or school group) of $10/person went into effect. This fee is to be paid at the Collierville Community Center (440 West Powell Road) before usage. The fee also applies to all adults in the group.
- Spray Parks are intended for children 12 years of age and under. Parents are welcome. Children must have adult supervision at all times.
- All users are responsible for cleaning up any mess made by the child they are supervising. Older children must be aware of smaller children on the pad. PLAY SAFE!
- No running or rough play. Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the Park, and may be banned for an additional period of time
- No WATER BALLOONS, water guns, food, drinks, beach balls, pool noodles, etc. are allowed on Spray Park Pad. No grills, inflatables, or generators on park property.
- No pets or glass items are allowed inside the Spray Park area.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Do not swing, climb, hang or pull on any Spray Park Equipment.
- The Town of Collierville reserves the right to remove any individuals or groups from the spray park that are not in compliance with these rules and regulations.
- Please call the Collierville Parks and Recreation Department if there are any questions regarding rules and regulations listed above. If there are any problems, please contact the Collierville Parks & Recreation Department at 457-2770 or the Collierville Police Department at 853-3207.
Please click here for:
Information regarding large groups using Water Spray Parks
- Next >>