Located at 419 Johnson Park Drive (click street address for google map directions), 271.19 acre park has natural areas, wetlands, three lakes, elevated boardwalk (.70 miles), and outdoor classroom. The park has a 9-field baseball/softball complex, 2 synthetic turf multipurpose fields, restroom, concessions and press box facilities, a gazebo, Ryan's Place Playground, 2 water spray park, and a 3.15 miles of trails connecting with the Collierville Greenbelt System.
W. C. Johnson Park closes at 11 p.m., 7 days a week.
Water Spray Park
The water spray park has 12 "stations" in a total area slightly larger than the size of a basketball court. There are two "touchstone" poles that activate the spray stations, which resemble elephants, rainbows and other items. The water sprays for a set amount of time until the poles are touched again. An overall park timing system shuts the water off at night.
Starting August 12 W. C. Johnson
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This park will close for the season on
September 8 at 5:00 p.m.
Water Spray Park Rules & Regulations:
- Effective April, 26, 2010, a Non-Resident group fee of $10/person went into effect. This fee is to be paid at the Collierville Community Center (440 West Powell Road) before usage. The fee also applies to all adults in the group.
- Effective for the 2012 Season, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00am – 11:30am will be reserved for ages 6 & Under (residents only).
- Spray Parks are intended for children 12 years of age and under. Parents are welcome. Children must have adult supervision at all times.
- We ask that everyone be responsible for cleaning up any mess made by the child they are supervising. Older children must be aware of smaller children on the pad. Play safe.
- No running or rough play. Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the Park, and may be banned for an additional period of time
- No food, drinks, glass, pets, water balloons, beach balls, pool noodles, etc. are allowed on Spray Park Pad. No grills on Park property.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Do not swing, climb, hang or pull on any Spray Park Equipment.
- Spray Park will not be reserved for parties. During Spray Park season (Memorial Day - Labor Day), pavilions or other park structures are not availabe for rental. Spray Park is first come and first serve basis.
- The Town of Collierville reserves the right to close the spray park and immediate area due to maintenance requirements or scheduled special events.
- The Town of Collierville reserves the right to remove parties from the pad that are not in compliance with these rules and regulations.
- Please call the Collierville Parks and Recreation Department if there are any questions regarding rules and regulations listed above. If there are any problems, please contact the Collierville Parks & Recreation Department at 457-2770 or the Collierville Police Department at 853-3207.
Please click here for:
Information regarding large groups using Water Spray Parks
Collierville was the first community in the area to have such water spray parks. The play areas are designed for children 12 years of age and under to enjoy an aquatic environment without danger of deeper water. Parental supervision is required.
No lifeguard is needed at the water park since there is no water depth. A central drain moves the water off the area. The surfaces are lined with a soft, rubber-coated material to make it safe for children.
Spray park hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Mon-Thurs); 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Fri); and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Sat & Sun) from May to September. Department reserves the right to close the park and change hours as needed for maintenance or special events.